- Free Zone projects should conform to the following objectives:
- The creation of jobs
- Development of skills
- The export of goods or services
- New investment
- Activities which qualify for Free Zone approval are:- manufacturing, international trading in products and services, all for export.
- A Free Zone enterprise must be a company incorporated or registered in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Petroleum, natural gas or primary petrochemical production or any production activity in which petroleum, natural gas or petrochemicals are a major input, even if used as fuel would not qualify for Free Zone approval.